Through volunteerism, people have the power to positively impact their community. Volunteering provides people of all ages with opportunities for personal achievement and discoveries about themselves and others. Volunteering can be gratifying and enjoyable.
Valued volunteers and participants in the Center's activities come from a variety of diverse groups from the community.
You too can personify the spirit of volunteerism.
Volunteers assist with:
- Friendly visiting with residents.
- Deliver mail to residents
- Read to residents.
- Write letters for residents.
- Provide reading materials for residents.
- Escort residents outside to patio area
- Assist residents to make telephone calls (family, friends)
- Assist residents that want to use the computer
- Water the plants inside and outside
- Polish resident's nails
- Assist the Activities Leader during activates such as Crafts,
Bingo, Table Games, Bowling and Socials.
- Escort residents to and from activity programs.